I’m great at helping “Therapy Resistant Men” feel comfortable seeing the benefits of participating in Couples Counseling.
As a formely “Therapy Resistant Male” myself, I can understand the many reasons that men feel uncomfortable going to couples counseling.
For me, I didn’t want my “dirty laundry” to be aired in front of somebody else. I also felt like if I went to counseling, that it would mean that I was a failure somehow. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to fix my relationship. That couldn’t be further than the truth. It was more that “I” wanted to be the person who fixed it. I thought that if I got help then it meant something about me was inadequate. I also was afraid that Couples Counseling would just be a time where my partner teamed up with another woman to complain about me and try to get me to change. Having to pay for that sounded awful!
I didn’t realize how Couples Counseling can provide a great toolset to be able to transform my relationship.
If you are in a relationship with a guy or you are a guy that is a bit tentative about participating in couples counseling, know what some of the benefits are.
- I know what it is like. And I’ll make sure he doesn’t get sabotaged!
- I don’t pathologize men. (nor women).
- In our first session, you will see that I will prevent the typical pattern of fighting and nagging from happening in the room. I’ll make sure your partner actually listens to you on a deep level.
- As a team, we will examine the patterns that we get stuck in.
- We’ll practice Couples-Skills that enhance empathy and emotional connection (which 9 times out of 10 leads to more frequent and better sexual chemistry).
- If you are not satisfied 100% with our first session, you will get your money back, guaranteed!
Feel free to call me, Todd Harvey MFT at 510-686-3390 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.